Restaurant with a View: Cliff Sunset, Koh Lanta Krabi
Cliff Sunset Restaurant is another restaurant in Koh Lanta with a fantastic view of Kantiang Bay Beach and has a great view of the sunset.
Four years back (2016), there was only Ploypailin restaurant on the cliff of Kantiang Bay, a very simple, small shack made of wood. Now, the beautiful trees that were once residents there are all gone and are replaced by tiny, thatch-roofed kiosk restaurants lining Kantiang Bay cliff. Where have all the trees gone; the environmentalist side of me is crying.
Moving on, as mentioned, there are several restaurants to choose from. The increased number of infrastructures in what already a tight place has caused parking problems, which restaurants owners have taken advantage of. Their signage reads: No eat No parking. Another sad effect of this business competition reads: No eat No photo.
Even our 9 and 6 year old children caught up and said “Why not? They don’t own the beach. “
Anyway, we had lunch there, felt the cool breeze from Andaman sea and took delight in the beauty around us. With the cool breeze coming from the sea gently touching our skin, rustling our hair, and the rushing seawater below us, it really felt like we’re on top of the world. It gave such a carefree feeling. It’s nice to lounge for a while a forget about the worries of the world. What a lovely feeling!
There’s always a silver lining at the end of the tunnel, after this COVID-19 pandemic, it would be great to go back experience these all over again.
Cliff Sunset Restaurant offers a wide range of Western and Thai menu. We stuck to the basic and ordered food we’re familiar with.
Stir-fry Vegetables: @$2.97 (99 baht)
Minced chicken with holy basil (Pad Krapao): @$ 2.97 (99 baht)
Coke in can: @$0.90 (30 baht)
Scrambled egg (Kai Tiaw) : @$ 1.77 (59 baht)
Strawberry smoothie: @ $ 1.80 (60 baht
Pretty much affordable.
We wanted to go back and have an early dinner to witness the sunset. However, the weather changed just a few minutes after lunch. It rained cats and dogs all through the rest of the day. This didn’t ruined our short stay though, my children and husband hang out by the pool most of the after at our accommodation, Phutara Lanta Resort while I enjoyed a much needed alone time in our room.
You Might Also Like
- Green View Village ResortGreen View Village Resort is located at 2RMM+R98, Ao Nang, Mueang Krabi District, Krabi 81000 (2RMM+R98 ตำบล อ่าวนาง อำเภอเมืองกระบี่ กระบี่ 81000). It is comfortably situated… Read more: Green View Village Resort
- Snorkeling in Ao Nang Krabi: Reminiscing it this CoVid-19 PandemicIt was 2019 just a few months before the news of CoViD-19 broke when we and our families from the Philippines visited Ao Nang Krabi.… Read more: Snorkeling in Ao Nang Krabi: Reminiscing it this CoVid-19 Pandemic
- Ibis Styles Krabi Ao Nang: Hotel ReviewAccommodation: Ibis Styles Krabi Ao Nang, a family and pet friendly modern hotel, is conveniently located at 725 Moo2 Ao-nang, Nopparat Road Muang Krabi, 81000… Read more: Ibis Styles Krabi Ao Nang: Hotel Review
- Restaurant with a View: Cliff Sunset, Koh Lanta KrabiRestaurant with a View: Cliff Sunset, Koh Lanta Krabi Cliff Sunset Restaurant is another restaurant in Koh Lanta with a fantastic view of Kantiang Bay… Read more: Restaurant with a View: Cliff Sunset, Koh Lanta Krabi
- Phutara Lanta Resort Koh Lanta KrabiAccomodation: Phutara Lanta Resort. The best family hotel we have gone to so far. Location: 693 Moo 2, Saladan, Koh Lanta Krabi 81150 Thailand:… Read more: Phutara Lanta Resort Koh Lanta Krabi
- Hatzanda Lanta Resort Review: Koh Lanta KrabiHatzanda Lanta Resort is located at 90 Moo 2, Klong-Khong, Tambol Koh Lanta Krabi. It has 20 clean, beautiful rooms to choose from. It is… Read more: Hatzanda Lanta Resort Review: Koh Lanta Krabi