This Biscuit Pudding Cake is a great hit with my children. They simply love it and keep asking for more. What I personally love about this is that, it is not only easy to make but it is also affordable. It is so light in the pocket as you could actually use any biscuit available in your area, or even any left over biscuits you already have at home.
So without further ado, let’s jump right to it.
Chocolate Biscuit Pudding Cake: No Cream, No Bake, No Egg
- 360 grams biscuit of any flavor
- 3 cups whole milk (or evaporated milk)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp brown sugar (white sugar can also be used)
Chocolate frosting ingredients
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a sauce pan, over medium heat, combine all ingredients except for the biscuits.
- Bring it to a rolling boil until the mixture is reduced to half, and has thickened (please watch the video to see the right consistency)
- Let it cool down before pouring unto the biscuits, and chill for 6 hours.
For the chocolate frosting
- In a sauce pan, over medium heat, combine all ingredients except vanilla extract, and bring it to a rolling boil for a minute or 2. Stirring ocassionally.
- The biscuits can be crushed into teeny bits, however, I suggest leaving large pieces around for aesthetic purposes.
- Another suggestion is to simply pour the batter into the biscuits without thoroughly mixing it, just let the batter sip through and flatten the surface for the chocolate frosting