One of the resorts in Koh Lipeh that has its own private access to Northern beaches is Pitiusas Beach Resort. It is located on a tree-studded mountain with its accommodations built in a cascading manner down the slope, so unlike most of resorts and villas in Koh Lanta Krabi. It is at the Northern side of Koh lipeh a bit far from Pattaya beach where speedboats dock from Pak Barra.
Going there, one could take a motorbike with a side car that accommodates around 6 passengers, or you could walk all the way up if you know the way. A word of caution though, some parts of the road is super bumpy so hold on tight. And if this is your second visit from a long time, be careful the geographical make up has totally changed as hundreds of accommodations have sprouted in the past years.
Pitiusas Beach Resort has fan and air-con bungalows with front sea view verandas. The rooms are decorated with Buddha and Thai monuments framed photos. Clean, firm double beds and a clothes cabinet occupy most of the room space. At one corner there is a tiny protruding wooden deck where an ash tray and laminated food menu and services list are placed. Toiletries, and hot shower in a rather big bathroom are also available.
- Room and public Wi-Fi
- Restaurant and bar
- Mosquito nets
- Laundry services
- No free bottled water in the rooms
- No free coffee and coffee maker
- No hairdryer
Restaurant and Bar
Pitiusas’ restaurant and bar is one of the resorts best features. It has a large common front side seaview decks fit out with candle-lit tables, hammocks, and floor cushions. One could just lazily lounge there while sunbathing and seeping some fresh cold drinks.
They serve both Thai and Western dishes. This resort is owned by a Spanish gentlemen who loves diving. Tao is a very gracious host. He boasts of his like-no-other French fries, and indeed he has reasons for boasting. My kids love it, in fact we all love it. And meals that require fish are oftentimes fresh as Tao dives everyday to catch some groupers.
Koh Lipeh’s beaches and seawater are among the best in Thailand. It’s beautiful, clear, sparkling water is refreshing, and definitely a sight to behold. It is totally inviting!
Aside from the usual sunbathing and swimming in an almost exclusive beach, there are plenty of things visitors are offered – boat trip, snorkeling tour, fishing tour, kayak tour, massage, sunset yoga, and island hopping tours. If you fancy night out and experience Koh Lipeh’s night life, Pattaya Beach is right at the other side of the island, a walk away or you could hire a motorbike taxi.
You Might Also Like
- Green View Village ResortGreen View Village Resort is located at 2RMM+R98, Ao Nang, Mueang Krabi District, Krabi 81000 (2RMM+R98 ตำบล อ่าวนาง อำเภอเมืองกระบี่ กระบี่ 81000). It is comfortably situated… Read more: Green View Village Resort
- Snorkeling in Ao Nang Krabi: Reminiscing it this CoVid-19 PandemicIt was 2019 just a few months before the news of CoViD-19 broke when we and our families from the Philippines visited Ao Nang Krabi.… Read more: Snorkeling in Ao Nang Krabi: Reminiscing it this CoVid-19 Pandemic
- Ibis Styles Krabi Ao Nang: Hotel ReviewAccommodation: Ibis Styles Krabi Ao Nang, a family and pet friendly modern hotel, is conveniently located at 725 Moo2 Ao-nang, Nopparat Road Muang Krabi, 81000… Read more: Ibis Styles Krabi Ao Nang: Hotel Review
- Lanta Riviera Villa Resort: Koh Lanta KrabiLanta Riviera Villa Resort is a mix-bag of extreme positive and negative points. We found this resort just a week before the Songkran festival here… Read more: Lanta Riviera Villa Resort: Koh Lanta Krabi