On our way to Krabi we decided to have a stopover in TRANG. We immediately started thinking of an accommodation that would not break the bank as we already have booked a nice resort in Krabi, Green View Village Resort. While we were discussing the plans for the day we remembered a resort our university booked us in during our annual university sports meet held in Trang a few years back. Sai Thong Resort is located at 8WJ+64H, Mai Fat, Sikao District, Trang 92150.
Sai Thong Resort (ทรายทอง รีสอร์ท) was a good experience the first time we stayed so we decided to spend our stopover night there. We walked in and booked for a night. The family room that we got costs 800Thb (23.8USD) per night. We opted for the cheapest family room thinking that it’s only for a night. Not really the best decision. ^_^
The cheapest room is part of a quadruplex bungalow, one of the older structures the resort has. Inside the room is like a time machine that brings you back to the late 90s to early 2000s with the dated items you can find inside. A picture tube TV attached to a TV Box, old switches and electrical outlets, a vintage shower head, and the room itself is showing its years. The good thing is that they retrofitted an Air conditioner which seems to have been added recently. With all that being said, for us, as long as it works we don’t really mind. ^_^
The bathroom was clean. Old but clean. The bowl and sink are either new or just well-maintained. As for the shower set, the bidet, the mirror and the rack beneath it have seen better years.
We had at least 3 water bottles when we got in the room and presumably will be replenished daily. A roll of toilet paper and a bottle of body shampoo. There’s a mini ref to store your drinks and food.
Wifi: The room has free WiFi, but connecting our mobile phones was a struggle. Two out of four phones could connect and get decent feed. The moment a third and fourth phone logs in the feed starts to lag. This is something the management needs to look into. At this day and age we all know that having a good wifi signal is akin to having air to breathe. ^_^
This resort does not have a pool but is very very near Pak Meng beach. We also did not mind this aspect since it’s only a stopover for a night. ^_^
They did not offer breakfast during our stay but we clearly remember a buffet breakfast was available during our first stay. I think they only offer breakfast to big group deals or something like that. But it does not matter though since it is surrounded with restaurants with affordable prices and with actually good food. ^_^
Do we recommend Sai Thong Resort??? ABSOLUTELY!!! You have options to either save money or be comfortable in your stay. We opted to save money and we got what we paid for but they do have better rooms for a higher price. This resort is not only near Pak Meng Beach and restaurants… it is also near Rajamangala Trang Aquarium, an affordable place where you can have a bit of an educational fun with the kids. It’s a very convenient resort to be in with your family. A good place for a short getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Affordable Family-Friendly Hotel/Resort
- Sai Thong Resort (ทรายทอง รีสอร์ท)TrangOn our way to Krabi we decided to have a stopover in TRANG. We immediately started thinking of an accommodation that would not break the… Read more: Sai Thong Resort (ทรายทอง รีสอร์ท)Trang
- Green View Village ResortGreen View Village Resort is located at 2RMM+R98, Ao Nang, Mueang Krabi District, Krabi 81000 (2RMM+R98 ตำบล อ่าวนาง อำเภอเมืองกระบี่ กระบี่ 81000). It is comfortably situated… Read more: Green View Village Resort
- 2021 Family Staycation Ao Nang Krabi ThailandAfter the twelve-month lockdown restrictions have been partially lifted, we got to take our annual family staycation. Although it was short, it’s a much welcome… Read more: 2021 Family Staycation Ao Nang Krabi Thailand
- Lanta Cottage HotelAccommodation: Lanta Cottage Hotel It is located at Sala Dan, Koh Lanta District, Krabi 81150 Thailand. We had our first getaway here after the travel… Read more: Lanta Cottage Hotel
- Ibis Styles Krabi Ao Nang: Hotel ReviewAccommodation: Ibis Styles Krabi Ao Nang, a family and pet friendly modern hotel, is conveniently located at 725 Moo2 Ao-nang, Nopparat Road Muang Krabi, 81000… Read more: Ibis Styles Krabi Ao Nang: Hotel Review
- Ibis Phuket Patong Hotel ReviewAccommodation: Ibis Phuket Patong Hotel Location: 10 Chaloemphrakiat Riad, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand. ☎ +66(0)76303888 Room We stayed at a family room with queen… Read more: Ibis Phuket Patong Hotel Review