Accommodation: Haad Kaew Resort
Haadkaew Resort Information
- Bungalows and the standard hotel rooms are a bit over a thousand baht (ours was 1,028.00 baht).
- You can book them online with many modes of payment to choose from – paypal, credit card, LINE, international wire bank transfer, or book now pay later.
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel. #: 0 7433 1058-66
- Fax: 07433 1220
- Address: 163 Moo 1 Tambon Chingko, amphur Singha Nakhon, Songkhla 90280
- Website: www.haddkaewsongkhla.com (the last time I checked it came back as error)
- Visit their facebookpage Haad Kaew Resort for more information
Hot and sunny Haadkaew Resort is comfortably situated a few meters away from the main road Singha Nakhon (highway 408). Overlooking the gulf of Thailand, this seaside resort has an idyllic, powdery, white sand. The long, vast stretch of this semi-secluded beach together with the aquamarine seawater in front is great for beach volleyball, wedding event and even a football match. Away from the hustle and bustle of the city , one can comfortably relax.
Having a kids’ pool was the ultimate decider. Although the staycation was for my husband and I to unwind before going back to work, our kids enjoyment was of utmost importance too. Besides we surely won’t be able to relax if they start acting up. Right?
So what do they have in store for us?
Well, since I have already mentioned the kids pool, let me talk about the pool then. The resort got two pools; one for adults, and a smaller kids pool which is only around 2 to 3ft deep. It is definitely safe for toddlers. Both are clean and tidy; and the management is pretty strict about wearing pool attire even for kids. Our kids hung around the pool most of the time. They love it and wanted to stay longer.
And then, we spent our early evenings chilling out by the beach. The kids enjoyed the single rope swings hanging from the pine trees. The sand felt warm on our feet as we walked along the beach with the cool sea breeze gently touching our skin. The white powdery sand gave me a nostalgic feeling of the memorable island hopping experienced I had in Krabi and Koh Lipeh years back.
Next are the bungalows. They have got the main hotel building and bungalows to choose from. We chose the bungalows, and the main reason is we have got noisy kids. Anyway, the bungalows which are auspiciously located overlooking the sea are attractive and colorful. The one we stayed in was clean but it would have been perfect had the floor under the bed was dusted. Cleanliness is next to godliness as they say. It is essential especially for asthmatics like my family. Aside from this, everything else is a OK.
Other amenities include, a huge cable T.V with English channels and an HDMI in case you want to connect your laptop to view your photos taken during the day or to watch movies in the evening. They also have free WIFI, a tiny fridge with complimentary bottled water, the customary toiletry freebies, and a free breakfast. The free breakfast was only good for two, but they let the kids eat without questions. I love them for this. This is an example of little things that could make a family come back again and again.
It was a great stay. It is a bonus that one of the staff could fairly communicate in English and that they were courteous and friendly.
- Khuan Ron Hills (ควนหรนฮิลล์)Khuan Ron Hills (ควนหรนฮิลล์) is located in Sathon, Na Thawee District, Songkhla. This is one […]
- Phra Maha Chedi Tripob Trimongkol: Stainless Steel TemplePhra Maha Chedi Tripob Trimongkol is located up on a hill (Khao Kho Hong) behind […]
- Asian Cultural Village: Sadao Thailand/ Dannok MalaysiaAsian Cultural Village is conveniently located in Sadao, Thailand/ Dannok Malaysia. This huge and amazing […]
- Songkhla Night Market: $10 Feeds a Family of FourIf you’re on a budget travel to Thailand , one important thing to plan is […]