Story by Mitchelle Juaban
Dear Diary, I ran into the kindest person in the world yesterday. I didn’t see him coming as I walked hurriedly into the university canteen. I bumped unto him and hit my face hard unto his chest. I felt dizzy for a while, and as I looked up to see who it was I saw his handsome face staring back at me. I blushed! He then asked me if I was alright to which I timidly answered yes. It was then I realized that he was actually holding me on both arms. Oh my gosh, I blushed some more. I didn’t know what to do! I was frozen. I just stared at him with my mouth opened for what felt like eternity. After a while, he asked if there was something wrong. “Oh. I’m so sorry. But… but I think I got your shirt stained with my lipstick” I explained hurriedly. He let go of me, and intently glanced at the lipstick stain on his shirt.
I was nervous. A lot of things were running in my mind at that time. “Will he get angry? Should I ask him to take his shirt off, so I could wash it? Oh no I should not say that. Does he think I’m crazy? Will he ever talk to me again?” ……Then I heard him say, “Not a big deal. Anyway, I like the way it looks on my shirt.”
- Where did the story happened?
- How was the narrator of the story and the handsome guy related?
- How did the narrator of the story feel about the handsome guy?
- What was on the handsome guy’s shirt?
- How did the handsome guy feel about the narrator of the story? Give your reason(s)
Download these stories
The Best Hamburger of My Life
When I was thirteen years old, I had a great surprise at the Grand Hotel in Toronto. My favorite soccer team was visiting from Mexico, so I went to the hotel to get autographs from some of the players. When I got there, I waited outside for a long time because I was very nervous. Finally, I told my legs to start moving, and I went up to my favorite striker, Sergio Verdirame, and asked for his autograph. My voice was trembling, but I controlled it. He stopped to listen to me, and then an amazing thing happened. He invited me to his table for dinner. I could not believe it! Suddenly I was sitting across the table from Sergio Verdirame! I ordered a big hamburger with everything on it except onions. When the food came, my hands were shaking, and I could not eat or talk. After a while, I took a deep breath and said to myself, “Hey, this happens just once in your life.” I got rid of my nerves and started talking with the team and enjoying my hamburger. They were really great guys, and we had a good time laughing and joking together. That was the most delicious hamburger I ever ate in my life because I was eating it with my idol.
- How old was the person narrating this story?
- Who was the person’s favorite soccer player?
- Who did the person eat with in the restaurant?
- What did he have for dinner?
- What vegetable he didn’t eat with it?
- How did the person get rid of his/her nerves?
- Decide if the person narrating the story is a female or a male. Give your reason(s).
DOWNLOAD THE PAST STORIES HERE
**Story by Betty Erickson
After a week of rain, the sun came out. Nick ran out to play. He found a puddle full of tadpoles under his swing.
Day after day, Nick watched the tadpoles. They grew legs. Their tails got shorter. Nick was afraid that the puddle would dry up before the tadpoles turned into toads. So he scooped the tadpoles into an old watering can.
Two weeks later, Nick watched a tiny toad come out of the spout. It jumped into the grass. Then two more toads came out of the spout. At last Nick counted six happy toads hopping in the grass. Nick felt like a hero. He had saved a whole puddle of toads!
- Where did Nick put the tadpoles?
- How many happy toads did Nick see?
- Where was the puddle?
- For how long had it been raining?
- How did the first three toads get out of the watering can?
- Why did Nick have to save the tadpoles before the puddle dried up?
- Write down two differences between tadpoles and toads.
DOWNLOAD THE PAST STORIES HERE