Accomodation: Golden House
One of the many accomodations in Prathu nam Bangkok district, but one of the few affordable ones.
Location: 1025/5-9 Ploenchit Road, Lumpinee, Pathum Wan, Bangkok
Telephone No: Tel : +662 252 9535 (36, 37)
Golden House‘s location is probably the best feature of this accommodation. It is right at the heart of everything. It is only a walk away from the most interesting places in the area like Lumphini Park, National Stadium, and major shopping centers such as Siam Paragon and Central World, and Gaysorn Plaza. It’s also a stone-throw away from budget places we all love to go like Platinum Fashion Mall, Prathunam Plaza and Mahboonkrong (MBK) Shopping Center. Also it is surrounded by some of the posh hotels in Thailand and those commonly used for conferences and other business related travel. Also it’s a minute walk from BTS Chidlom station.
The room we stayed in has two single beds with a tiny table in between, and a narrow space at each sides and in front. A big flat screen TV is placed right in front of the beds that plays local programs only. Adjacent to this, towards the door is a dresser/table with a large wall mirror and where the usual compliments (small bottled water and coffee) and amenities such as hairdryer, electric kettle are placed. A personal fridge is also available. Directly in front is the bathroom. Oh it’s important to note too that the room has no closet of any sort, although it has two wall clothes hooks.
It is big and clean with towel holders which I find convenient. Strangely though, the bathroom wall and door are made of stained glass, which do not hide much of whatever your doing there. To some degree, it can be romantic, but nevertheless, everyone wants privacy when doing toilet business, right?
The internet connection is good quite similar to Hatzanda in Koh Lanta, Nadivana Serviced Apartments in Ao Nang Krabi, and The Lake House Ko Yo in Songkhla. I was able to blog, stream a movie, watch videos in Youtube, and face time with my family.
We stayed for three nights at $40/night without breakfast.
Their clienteles come from all walks of life. Travelers both young and old whether on a holiday or work/business related travel flock the place.
Aesthetic wise, the room we stayed in is moderate, and pretty small, yet, if I happen to be in this part of Bangkok again I would certainly stay in Golden House. The price may be high for the kind of room and services offered but because of its auspicious location, it’s worth it!
- 5 Things To Do in Tamot Phatthalung ThailandTamot Phatthalung in Thailand is one of the 11 districts in Phattalung province in the […]
- White Temple Chiang Rai ThailandThe White Temple (Wat Rong Khun) is Chiang Rai’s most iconic temple. This temple is […]
- Asian Cultural Village: Sadao Thailand/ Dannok MalaysiaAsian Cultural Village is conveniently located in Sadao, Thailand/ Dannok Malaysia. This huge and amazing […]
- Geysers by the Road in Northern ThailandLooking at these geysers by the road in Northern Thailand as cars pass by is […]
- Singha Park Chiang Rai: A Must VisitBoon Rawd Farm, famously known as Singha Park, sits a few kilometers away from the […]