Borsang Umbrella Center is a great tourist destination, an awesome place for family to bond, and an inexpensive way to learn umbrella making. Borsang umbrellas are a legend in Borsang, a village in Chiang Mai province in Thailand. The history of Borsang Umbrellas started way back and the improvement and history that these umbrellas are making up until now is by leaps and bounds. It may have started as a ceremonial offering to monks but now hundreds are sold annually to tourists and are used for political, religious, and royal functions.
Umbrellas for tourism
Borsang umbrella center is located at 111/2 M.3 Borsang-Doi Saket Road, Sankambheng, Chiang Mai, Thailand 50130. Coming to Chiang Mai is not complete without dropping by Borsang, the umbrella capital of Thailand. Umbrellas come with variety of sizes, with attractive and vibrant colors, and one of a kind designs. They have got umbrellas for ceremonial purposes, home and office decorations, keychain umbrellas, and also for protection from heat and rain purposes. Borsang also has other wide choices of souvenirs apart from umbrellas all skillfully handcrafted by Chiang Maians. Many says that umbrella making is a signature of Chiang Mai, and so one could never find these kind of umbrellas anywhere else in the country. So these legendary umbrellas are drawing tourists all year round.
Family Bond at umbrella making centers
For kids, buying umbrellas could be pretty exciting, well, for the first two minutes. After they have explored it though the excitement wanes out. And then it becomes a thing in the past.
What’s good about Borsang umbrella making centers is that they allow individuals and family to design their own umbrellas. Now you’re talking!
For an affordable fee family members could sit together and hone out their sketching and painting skills. Now this is truly exciting for kiddos and adults alike. They not only get to buy but also design something that they can truly call their own. Now this may not be the newest craze but it would certainly draw kids attention and would have them engaged for a long time.
It could be a half-day or a whole day activity. There is no time limit. Materials are provided after which you sketch on to the umbrella the design you have in mind, paint it, let it dry under the heat of the sun. And then coat it with water-resistant substance. Voila! Your own masterpiece.
At the end of the day, you and your children would feel accomplished and proud.
This is an auspicious opportunity to teach children,
*the importance of following instructions
*patience as you wait it up to dry
*the value of doing things on their own
*the value of appreciation and love of their own work
*the value of hard work
You might also like
- White Temple Chiang Rai ThailandThe White Temple (Wat Rong Khun) is Chiang Rai’s most iconic temple. This temple is… Read more: White Temple Chiang Rai Thailand
- Chiang Rai’s Disney-esque Temple: Wat Huay Sai KhaoWat Huay Sai Khao, definitely one of the unusual temples of Chiang Rai, but less… Read more: Chiang Rai’s Disney-esque Temple: Wat Huay Sai Khao
- Geysers by the Road in Northern ThailandLooking at these geysers by the road in Northern Thailand as cars pass by is… Read more: Geysers by the Road in Northern Thailand
- Singha Park Chiang Rai: A Must VisitBoon Rawd Farm, famously known as Singha Park, sits a few kilometers away from the… Read more: Singha Park Chiang Rai: A Must Visit
- Zipline for the First Time. Made the More-Than-24 Hour Car Drive Worthwhile!Zipline for the first time, and it is the most exhilarating outdoor activity we have… Read more: Zipline for the First Time. Made the More-Than-24 Hour Car Drive Worthwhile!
- Family Bonding at Borsang Umbrella CenterBorsang Umbrella Center is a great tourist destination, an awesome place for family to bond,… Read more: Family Bonding at Borsang Umbrella Center