Children love noodles. Moms though may have a bit of reservations because, of course, we are concern about its nutritional value. It is definitely a valid, and well founded concern. My kids are no different from those who are so into noodles, in fact, I’ve seen others who eat instant noodles straight from the packet (certainly a no no for me).
However, I know better than to tell my kids not to eat them as they would just sneak around and do it anyway. So, we compromised, and decided that they could have noodles cooked and leveled up.
This upgraded noodle recipe is packed with so much goodies. Eggs, tuna and vegetables are added to provide the needed nutrients. Eggs and tuna are great sources of protien, and vegetables are full of vitamins and minerals. If you are allergic to eggs, this can be skipped. This is a flexible recipe, you can surely experiment with whatever available ingredients you have at home.
Level Up Instant Noodles with Tuna and Vegetables
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 medium size onion
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup assorted vegetables
- 1 packet instant noodles you may use the seasoning that comes with it
- Boil the noodles as instructed in the packet.
- Over medium-high heat, saute garlic and onions until translucent and aromatic.
- Add in the egg, stir constantly until almost cooked.
- Add in the vegetables and seasonings, mix until half cooked.
- Add in the noodles, mix and serve.