Rajamangala Trang Aquarium is probably the most affordable aquarium in Thailand. With a 1.63 USD (50THB) for adult and 0.98USD (30THB) for kids entrance fee, I bet this is the cheapest there is in the world. Anyway, you might think that because it is inexpensive that it has nothing much to offer. On the other hand, it has loads of fun features and educational elements. Below are 5 reasons you should visit Rajamangala Trang Aquarium on your next visit to Trang.
Here’s a short video of a tour of Rajamgala Trang Aquarium.
5 Reasons Why You Should visit Rajamangala Trang Aquarium
- It has a wide selections of Catfish species. Catfish is very popular in this part of the world. Certainly one of the favorites is called Crispy Catfish with Green Mango Salad. We’ve never seen as many species of Catfish before as in Rajamangala Trang Aquarium. Their collection is simply unbelievable ranging from smallest to largest ones.
- Great collection of seashells. Children love seashells and most often they have collections of shells picked from the beach. Rajamangala Trang Aquarium’s seashell displays are awesome. Your kids would be amazed!
- It’s a stone throw away from Rajamangala Beach. After all the fun in the aquarium, you could frolic in the sun or play sand castle on the beach.
- It’s five minutes away from Pak Meng Beach. It may not be known for swimming but Pak Meng beach has a pretty sight to behold with all the beautifully sculpted islands just a few meters away from the shore. Sunset at this beach is also pretty spectacular.
- Trang is home to many unspoilt, untouristy islands in Thailand, Koh Kradan, Koh Petra, Koh Mook, Koh Ngai, and Koh Libong to name a few. These islands are accessible by long tail boats from Pak Meng Beach.
You Might Also Like