Zipline for the first time, and it is the most exhilarating outdoor activity we have done to date. Zip-line consists of a pulley attached to an inclined steel metal cable secured on a slope. The person is attached to a free moving pulley and moves through the cable aided by gravity from point A to point B. In this case, point A is from an 8-storey tall building stretched to point B on the ground across a vast field of Singha Park. Yep, we did it. Zipline for the first time, and it made the more-than-24-hour car drive to Chaing Rai so worthwhile!
Chaing Rai is the northern most city of Thailand, just a few kilometers away from Myanmar in the west and Laos in the east. It is home to the famous Singha Park where this awesome Zipline activity is found, and where the annual Winter Balloon Festival is held.
How’s the experience?
Well, we geared up and took the elevator up. We watched the structures below get smaller and smaller. Anticipation is building up. This is our first time. We’ve arrived, 8-storey above ground. Cool breeze brushed our blushed skin, waiting for our turn. Hooks checked and put in placed, we positioned and got ready to go. Gates opened and with our hearts in our throats down we went. That moment when your feet leaves the platform and into the open seems like forever stuck in a few seconds. That moment you realize “HOLY MOLLY I’M HANGING HERE” and that there’s no going back. And so without any choice, you decide to let go and give the loudest scream of your life. We screamed at the top of our lungs, laughed, screamed, laughed, and screamed some more without reservation. We landed on the opposite side a bit shaky but safe, intact, and SO thrilled and exhilarated! What an experience! We’d like to do it again. And so we did.
We’re looking forward to our next zipline activity. It was awesome and something worth trying!
The takeaway for us from this zipline for the first time experience.
- We thought it’s way too scary for us because of the height. But realized that we’re stronger and bolder than we thought we were.
- It was a feat to try something out of our comfort zone, and actually loved it.
- It is great to invest on giving our children experiences they could treasure forever.
- For us as parents, to give our children a bit of a slack and let go of the worries, the “what ifs”, and just let them have fun.
Have you tried zipline before? How was your experience?
Please let us know by sharing it on the comment section down below or on Youtube. Thanks.
You Might Also like
- Snorkeling in Ao Nang Krabi: Reminiscing it this CoVid-19 PandemicIt was 2019 just a few months before the news of CoViD-19 broke when we […]
- Asian Cultural Village: Sadao Thailand/ Dannok MalaysiaAsian Cultural Village is conveniently located in Sadao, Thailand/ Dannok Malaysia. This huge and amazing […]
- Chairball a Popular Game in ThailandFor someone who’s into basketball and maybe a bit of football, chairball sounds, well, odd […]
- Five Fun Ways to Use the Coke and Mentos Experiment InBack in the day, say 15 to 20 years ago, mad science came out; and […]
- Which is More Explosive?! Coke vs Mentos or Coke vs Baking SodaThe Coke and Mentos experiment has gained so much popularity in Youtube. And for sure […]
- Watching “Avengers:Endgame” without Bathroom Break: Tips for ParentsWe did it! Props to my 7-year-old son for surviving the Avengers: Endgame. We’ve watched […]