Khuan Ron Hills (ควนหรนฮิลล์) is located in Sathon, Na Thawee District, Songkhla. This is one of the newest places to go to for a day trip or for camping. In your map app, copy ควนหรนฮิลล์ for direction; typing the English translation is not recognized by google map as of now.
If you’re going there for a day trip, I strongly recommend arriving there really early in the morning. If possible before sunrise, this way, you’d be able to witness the sea of mist around the hills. Beyond this time, the mist would have dissipated as the temperature rises. Then, you’ll feast your eyes on the greeneries that surround the tower. It’s pretty scenic, though I saw a few brown patches on the hills, which I hope would be reforested as the occurrence of mist is heavily dependent on the number of trees around. The tower is quite high above the ground, and certainly not for people with acrophobia. On a lighter note though, the path is made of steel (not glass) with tiny gaps in between. So, the distance is not immediately apparent.
If you’d like to stay overnight this is certainly possible. Camping is allowed, and it has a designated place. You can park your car near the campsite. There are pitched tents to rent (450THB) or you could bring your own. If you’re uncomfortable with tents, you could rent out one of the tiniest and cutest hut straw bungalows for 500 THB (15USD) a night. It’s good for two people only. Restrooms/bathrooms are communal, and certainly not the hotel bathroom type.
Recently as of the writing of this blog, camping is discontinued. The management had closed down the camping site in favor of developing the area and building a hotel.
- Entrance fee 20THB per person
- Parking fee 20THB
- Bring proof that you’ve been vaccinated (hardcopy or digital)
- Koh Nang Kham Grand Canyon (แกรนแคนยอน เกาะนางคำ)
- Phra Maha Chedi Tripob Trimongkol: Stainless Steel Temple
- Snorkeling in Ao Nang Krabi: Reminiscing it this CoVid-19 Pandemic
- Koh Yai Grand Canyon Park: Krasaesin Songkhla Thailand
- 2021 Family Staycation Ao Nang Krabi Thailand
- Chiang Rai’s Disney-esque Temple: Wat Huay Sai Khao