Green View Village Resort is located at 2RMM+R98, Ao Nang, Mueang Krabi District, Krabi 81000 (2RMM+R98 ตำบล อ่าวนาง อำเภอเมืองกระบี่ กระบี่ 81000).
It is comfortably situated at the heart of Ao Nang, surrounded by tropical trees and picturesque mountain cliffs. It is a pretty big resort with two main buildings and several bungalows spread around the resort. And true to its name, this place is surrounded by all sorts of greens. Although there are so many foliage, it doesn’t feel like there are scary animals or insects around.
We booked a family room for 3 nights to celebrate Songkran, Thailand’s water festival. The booking was made online through booking dot com just a few days prior. Having only a few days left before the holidays, I thought it’s going to cost us a lot, but to my surprise, we booked the room, a family room at that, for just 149 USD (5000 THB). Honestly speaking, I didn’t have so much expectation considering the price.
Here’s our experience in Green View Village Resort
The family room is really large, high-ceiling, and clean. It’s got two large beds, which are not too soft nor too hard. They were comfortable. The room has two large sinks with a wall-sized mirror in front, maybe a powder area or wash area, it’s nice (watch the reel to see what I mean). It also has a balcony with a massive wooden table and benches. We had our brunch here, and despite the hot temperature, it was relaxing and refreshing with the trees around.
The bathroom was something I did not expect because all I really prayed for was a clean bathroom, however to our surprise, did we not only have a clean bathroom, we got TWO bathrooms! And each has two sets of showers, one attached to a heater (on the wall), and a rain shower attached to the ceiling.
View this post on Instagram
It has the usual free bottled water, and toiletries . It also has free coffee and tea, which are replenished daily. Having coffee is how we start our day, so having free coffee is big for us. I’m saying this because we’ve been to a hotel on a similar price range and yet does not offer free coffee. Of course, the room has an electric kettle, a small fridge, drinking glass and coffee cups, closet with hangers, a hairdryer, and a flat-screen TV mounted on the wall.
The room has free WiFi, but connecting our mobile phones was a struggle. We managed to connect our laptop eventually. Although some guests might have their own internet connection on their mobile phones, others don’t. This is something the hotel management has to look into. In this day and age, it is necessary to have a reliable internet connection.
Most often we book a hotel with a swimming pool. Our kids love swimming and hanging around the pool. Green View Village has TWO swimming pools. One has a great view of the mountain and a wide lounging area for sunbathers. There’s a swimming area for toddlers, and the adult area has a depth of 1. 20 to 1.70 meters. The water is clean and clear. The other pool is around 1.60 meters deep all through out. It’s rectangular shape makes it perfect for swimming laps. Since it’s situated in front of one of the buildings, it is shaded in most part of the day, totally perfect for those who want to swim but don’t want to get toasted by the sun. But keeping the water clear and clean is something the hotel has to improve on.
The hotel restaurant is spacious and high-ceilinged. What’s unique about this is that, it is decorated with ornamental plants and flowers of all sorts. Beautiful! The food is another surprising thing. We’ve had a bad experience regarding breakfast in one of the hotels in Ao Nang, since then we opt-out breakfast in our bookings. This time we had room service for brunch, honestly speaking it tasted way better than the takeout we had from one of the popular resto near Ao Nang beach. Plus the price is local rate and the serving size is good at just 60THB (roughly 1.80USD).
Do we recommend Green View Village Resort?
It’s a big YES for us!
From experience, we tend to go back to a place where we are familiar and at home with. Over the past years, we’ve stayed a couple of times at Rimlay Park Resort in 2017 and again in 2019 we went back to Rimlay Park Resort. Another resort we feel at home with and booked twice is Ibis Styles Ao Nang Krabi , in 2019 and we had our 2021 family staycation when the lockdown was lifted. This year although we really wanted to go back, we also thought of exploring other hotels. Luckily, we had a great deal with Green View Village Resort through Booking dot com.
Other Hotels in Krabi
- Green View Village ResortGreen View Village Resort is located at 2RMM+R98, Ao Nang, Mueang Krabi District, Krabi 81000 (2RMM+R98 ตำบล อ่าวนาง อำเภอเมืองกระบี่ กระบี่ 81000). It is comfortably situated […]
- 2021 Family Staycation Ao Nang Krabi ThailandAfter the twelve-month lockdown restrictions have been partially lifted, we got to take our annual family staycation. Although it was short, it’s a much welcome […]
- Lanta Cottage HotelAccommodation: Lanta Cottage Hotel It is located at Sala Dan, Koh Lanta District, Krabi 81150 Thailand. We had our first getaway here after the travel […]
- Ibis Styles Krabi Ao Nang: Hotel ReviewAccommodation: Ibis Styles Krabi Ao Nang, a family and pet friendly modern hotel, is conveniently located at 725 Moo2 Ao-nang, Nopparat Road Muang Krabi, 81000 […]
- Aonang Regent Hotel, Krabi Thailand: Hotel ReviewAccommodation: Ao Nang Regent Hotel, Krabi Thailand is located at 262/24 Aonang soi 11 Leela Valley Moo. 2 Aonang Muang , , 81000 Ao Nang […]
- Phutara Lanta Resort Koh Lanta KrabiAccomodation: Phutara Lanta Resort. The best family hotel we have gone to so far. Location: 693 Moo 2, Saladan, Koh Lanta Krabi 81150 Thailand: […]