Accommodation: Ibis Phuket Patong Hotel
Location: 10 Chaloemphrakiat Riad, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand. ☎ +66(0)76303888
We stayed at a family room with queen sized bed and a bunked bed for the kids. The bunked bed is great, it is usable. I mean, we’ve been to Nadivana Serviced Apartments and it got a bigger and better looking bunk bed but our kids ended up cramped in the lower bunk because the aircon is just a few inches away from the second deck of the bed, which means it’s blowing air directly at you. Anyway, Ibis Phuket Patong’s family room is more than ok. It isn’t that spacious but neither it is cramped up. In terms of space, we think it’s smartly designed. It even has division for the kids’ mini computer area, where a playstation 4 is installed, and the cabled flat screen TV on the side of the parent’s area. It got a balcony over looking the pool.
It is small. However my husband said it didn’t feel cramp up. Also, I didn’t feel claustrophobic despite my dislike for small and tight places. So it is well-designed I should say. However, I have one hiccup that I couldn’t help but mention here. The area where the sink and toilet are, doesn’t have a drain, so water pools there. And to get rid of it, you’d have to mop or “kick” it into the shower area.
It got the usual coffee, tea, hairdryer, electric kettle. It also got free bottled water, toiletries, bathroom towels, and pool towels. The room also has an intercom which makes communication with the front desk easy.
For the Children
We stayed in a family room, Ibis Phuket Patong Hotel knows just what children likes. Aside from the bunk bed, the hotel also has installed playstation 4. This is a sure hit for kids. Another one is “Teddy”, a stuff toy our kids lovingly named. It has become their playmate during our stay there, that saying goodbye is hard. Watch the video to see what happened.
It is affordable! It’s a pretty big, well-maintained hotel with great service and an English speaking front desk (broken but comprehensible). Every inch of the hotel is clean and tidy. So with these, paying 176USD for a three-night stay in a family room is already a great deal!
We opted out breakfast. But when there, we decided to have breakfast in the hotel restaurant, TASTE Restaurant. I guess it’s pretty popular in Phuket. Anyway, ended up having breakfast there during our entire stay. We paid a little over 11USD per breakfast for all four of us. We learned later that the kids’ breakfast were free. WOW! Isn’t that awesome?
Most often than not we book a hotel that’s not only affordable but has a pool especially kids pool. Our children are simply big suckers for it. We appreciate that the hotel keeps their pool clean and tidy in spite of the surrounding trees. The size is pretty decent as well.
Oh we forgot to mention that the heating system is centralized, even the pool side shower is warm.
We had a wonderful stay. Our children obviously loved it. As for me, everything was perfect except that water pooling on the toilet area.
You Might Also Like
- Khuan Ron Hills (ควนหรนฮิลล์)Khuan Ron Hills (ควนหรนฮิลล์) is located in Sathon, Na Thawee District, Songkhla. This is one of the newest places to go to for a day […]
- Phra Maha Chedi Tripob Trimongkol: Stainless Steel TemplePhra Maha Chedi Tripob Trimongkol is located up on a hill (Khao Kho Hong) behind Prince of Songkhla University in Hatyai City, Thailand. A chartered/private […]
- Koh Yai Grand Canyon Park: Krasaesin Songkhla ThailandKoh Yai Grand Canyon Park is another great place to create memories with family and friends. It’s a refreshing recreational place amidst the greens of […]
- Asian Cultural Village: Sadao Thailand/ Dannok MalaysiaAsian Cultural Village is conveniently located in Sadao, Thailand/ Dannok Malaysia. This huge and amazing tourist destination is something you don’t want to miss when […]
- Kids Fed the Fishes in Aquaria Phuket: Exploring the Largest Aquarium in ThailandThe new Aquaria Phuket is now the largest aquarium in Thailand, as advertised. It is located in Central Phuket Floresta, right at the heart of […]
- A Submarine in the Newest and Biggest Aquarium in ThailandAquaria Phuket, Thailand’s newest and biggest aquarium opened in Phuket Island just last month (August, 2019). It’s located at Central Phuket Floresta shopping mall. This […]