Discussion is a process where people talk, converse, and discourse about something trivial or significant wherein the end result is to express ideas, make decision, or solve a problem.
Good vs Bad Group Discussion
Video by PolyU ELC
- Characteristics of an Effective Group Discussion
- Roles of Each Member in a Group Discussion
- Steps in Conducting a Group Discussion
- Watch the video
- Answer the following questions for the class discussion later
- What are the things to avoid in a group discussion? Make a list.
- What would make a group discussion successful? Make a list.
- Name/describe the role of each of the members in the group?
- How does a good discussion should start? Describe it.
- How does a good discussion should end? Describe it.
- Suggest ways on how to keep the discussion going.
Suggested Topics for Group Discussion
Make a list of the advantages of marijuana
Make a list of the disadvantages of marijuana
Talk about the benefits and challenges of the use of marijuana
Discuss about the feelings of the general Thai population about same-sex marriage
Why was same-sex marriage approved by the Thai government?
How can Thai people preserve their culture and tradition in the midst of changing times?