Looking at these geysers by the road in Northern Thailand as cars pass by is but incredible!
Wiang Pa Pao is a district southwest of Chiang Rai, and a common stop-over for buses, vans, and private cars traveling to and fro. Chiang Mai is a three hour drive from Chiang Rai, and so this stop-over is definitely a welcome one. And why not! Wiang Pa Pao’s geysers are awesome.
Any one who’s passing by will definitely give this place a second look after all, it’s free. Definitely a budget Thailand travel! From a distance you could already see random white steam patches against the greens as you travel up and down the hills. If you’re new to the place, these would seem like smoke as if someone’s burning something except that it doesn’t dissipate in the air.
What we like about Wiang Pa Pao, is that they actually took advantage of these wonders without ruining it. They’ve paved the surrounding ground and constructed a fence around it. They also built satellite pools where people could dip their aching legs. It has become a great tourist attraction of the place and consequently a decent source of income. And we believe the entire length of the road that stretches from Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai was so design having the geysers in mind.
Source of Income
As mentioned, these geysers by the road have attracted so many tourists. Thus increasing the district’s revenue. Here, you’ll find restaurants, souvenir shops, Seven Eleven, Accommodations, and even jewellery shops. Some locals sell hard-boiled eggs cooked in one of the pools. Water’s temperature is at 98 degrees celsius. Really hot!
The place has at least 3 to 4 pools where you could dip your feet or legs. The water is so warm! It took us a while to get used to the temperature before we enjoyed the dip. A lot of people enjoyed it too, and really took their time while chatting with friends and munching on some tropical fruits.
Is it a great place to visit?
Absolutely!! One, the place is free. It requires no money whatsoever to enjoy this rare phenomenon called geyser. Second, the foot spa is relaxing and refreshing and you get to do this amidst the trees around. The geysers are by the road, so accessible. You need not hike hundreds of kilometers into the mountain just to see one. Lastly, it would be a great financial help for the people of Wiang Pa Pao who so graciously share nature at no so much cost.
You Might Also Like
- Green View Village ResortGreen View Village Resort is located at 2RMM+R98, Ao Nang, Mueang Krabi District, Krabi 81000 (2RMM+R98 ตำบล อ่าวนาง อำเภอเมืองกระบี่ กระบี่ 81000). It is comfortably situated… Read more: Green View Village Resort
- 2021 Family Staycation Ao Nang Krabi ThailandAfter the twelve-month lockdown restrictions have been partially lifted, we got to take our annual family staycation. Although it was short, it’s a much welcome… Read more: 2021 Family Staycation Ao Nang Krabi Thailand
- Lanta Cottage HotelAccommodation: Lanta Cottage Hotel It is located at Sala Dan, Koh Lanta District, Krabi 81150 Thailand. We had our first getaway here after the travel… Read more: Lanta Cottage Hotel
- Ibis Styles Krabi Ao Nang: Hotel ReviewAccommodation: Ibis Styles Krabi Ao Nang, a family and pet friendly modern hotel, is conveniently located at 725 Moo2 Ao-nang, Nopparat Road Muang Krabi, 81000… Read more: Ibis Styles Krabi Ao Nang: Hotel Review
- Aonang Regent Hotel, Krabi Thailand: Hotel ReviewAccommodation: Ao Nang Regent Hotel, Krabi Thailand is located at 262/24 Aonang soi 11 Leela Valley Moo. 2 Aonang Muang , , 81000 Ao Nang… Read more: Aonang Regent Hotel, Krabi Thailand: Hotel Review
- Phutara Lanta Resort Koh Lanta KrabiAccomodation: Phutara Lanta Resort. The best family hotel we have gone to so far. Location: 693 Moo 2, Saladan, Koh Lanta Krabi 81150 Thailand:… Read more: Phutara Lanta Resort Koh Lanta Krabi
- Hotel Review: Nadivana Serviced ApartmentsLocation. 159 Moo 4, Ao Nang MuangKrabi, Muang Krabi 81180 Thailand☎ 011 66 75 661 358 Room. The room we stayed in was pretty spacious… Read more: Hotel Review: Nadivana Serviced Apartments
- Hatzanda Lanta Resort Review: Koh Lanta KrabiHatzanda Lanta Resort is located at 90 Moo 2, Klong-Khong, Tambol Koh Lanta Krabi. It has 20 clean, beautiful rooms to choose from. It is… Read more: Hatzanda Lanta Resort Review: Koh Lanta Krabi
- Lanta Riviera Villa Resort: Koh Lanta KrabiLanta Riviera Villa Resort is a mix-bag of extreme positive and negative points. We found this resort just a week before the Songkran festival here… Read more: Lanta Riviera Villa Resort: Koh Lanta Krabi