Juggling a full-time job and a family life is huge, and with blogging on the side, how huge do you think it could get. There are times when things get so overwhelmingly hectic that a momentary hiatus from blogging is a welcome breather. That’s right, just surface out for a bit of air before diving right in again. This gives me the needed time to relax for a little while and organize my thoughts on just about anything.
With tons of mom-work to do, office works to finish, and blog posts to write, I’m just so grateful that there are a few great things that are actually making my life as a mom blogger easier. Whats more is that these are all affordable, and if you are super tight on the budget, some of these have free versions which are already more than good enough. Mom on a budget like me couldn’t be for more happy and grateful.
Here are some of the things that are definitely useful for mom on a budget blogger like me.
- Adobe Lightroom CC. Photography enthusiasts, food and travel bloggers are probably familiar with lightroom. It is an photo editing software that could be downloaded from the internet to a PC. My husband has got this as he is into photography. He loves it! It’s easy to use and very intuitive. I, on the other hand, do not have the patience to study the intricacies no matter how easy it is. However, I also do not like presets. What I was looking for was an editing tool that is simple, handy, and gives quality results. And yaas! I found it, the Adobe Lightroom CC. I stumble upon it while looking for an photo editing tool at the App Store. It is super simple, the terms used are easy to understand. No need for an in depth study. And because it is a mobile app, I could edit my photos anywhere, anytime, both online and offline. I could work on my photos while waiting for my kids, or in between breaks in the office. Most of my photos here as well as my travel blog pauperslens are all edited using this.
- Adobe Spark Post. If you are looking for graphic designs and photo collages, yet got no time to sit in front of your PC or laptop; this is the app for you. It is a mobile app that allows you to create unique, personalized graphics for your blog, social media, and other businesses anytime, anywhere. It has hundreds of different, attractive, and beautifully designed templates to choose from, and each and every one of these templates can be personalized to your liking. I have several blog posts that I could not find an appropriate photo to go with, so I always turn to Adobe Spark Post for the needed idea. For example, Diverse Outdoor Activities for Children is a list type post; I have got photos for each activity but I needed one graphic or photo to show at the beginning of the post.
- PowerDirector is a video editing app for mobile phones. What I have is a free version, nevertheless, it does what it is made to do and it does it well. It has the usual features of video editing app and more. Splitting or cutting video clips is what I like about it, simply because this is often unavailable in most free video editors I have came across so far. And with so much fuss about copywrite infringement in Youtube, I’m glad PowerDirector has its own line of music that are free and Youtube ready.
- A smartphone is a blogger’s bestfriend! Phones have indeed become smart. Its functionality has exceeded far beyond its predecessors. Nowadays aside from voice call, smartphones are capable of video conferencing and more: blog, vlog, edit photos and videos, engage in social media, pay bills, research; the list is limitless.
- DesignCap is an online poster and flyer maker. The poster I’m using for this post was made using DesignCap. Lovely, isn’t it? There are plenty of templates to choose from. I designed this poster in my laptop, so it is easier to manuever in, out, and around the work space. Personally I would prefer to save my photo in my computer before sharing it in social media. DesignCap allows you to do this which I am so glad for. Also, you could design your business posters or flyers straight away without creating an account though it would be great to have one so you could manage them better. And most importantly, it’s free!
Here are some of its features.
- Hundreds of poster and flyer templates available
- Thousands of resources including clipart images, shapes, fonts, and backgrounds
- Fully customizable that you can make your own unique poster and flyer
- Convenient and quick: no download or registration required
Being busy and on a tight budget are not that bad after all, thanks to these absolutely awesome blogging help, and other blogging hacks to increase traffic.