Many people are scared of lightning and thunder. I have seen people shutting tight their eyes and plugging both their ears with their fingers when the lightning flashes. There are others who are fascinated with lightning and thunder. Some think that lightning is beautiful. Whichever group we belong to, we all know that lightning can be very dangerous and may cause serious damage to lives and properties.
Some places are more prone to lightning strikes and some forest fires were caused by lightning. It is reported that many lightning strike survivors claims that just before they were struck by lightning, they felt their hair standing on end. There is a possible risk of being struck by lightning when using a corded phone during a thunderstorm. You may find it difficult to believe but lightning can strike even when the sky is blue and not necessary dark and threatening.
If you like to watch lightning, do so from behind closed glass window, in the safety of your home or office. Try to get out of open space as fast as you can and stay indoors with windows closed. If you happened to be in your car, keep all the windows closed and stay away from any metal parts of the car.
Anyone can install a real time lightning tracker app on a mobile phone to find out if there is a possibility of a lightning near you or where it would be. With the app, you can monitor the movement and intensity of thunderstorms on a map and see how close they are to your area. The app will also send notifications whenever a strike is detected in your area to allow you time to get to safety or remain indoors. Most of these apps are highly reliable, providing accurate alerts if lightning is close to your area by using the latest data from global weather models combined with high-resolution lightning data.
Most of the lightning tracker apps share some common key features.
- Display global thunderstorm and lightning strikes details on a real time lightning strike map
- Display history of lightning strikes hotspots
- Forecast thunderstorm movement and intensity
- Send notifications to alert of nearby storm for live monitoring purposes.
- Send alert messages before lightning is expected near your location.
- Display accurate location of lightning using high quality weather data combine with high resolution lightning data.
- Enable sharing with friends of approaching storms and lightning.
Be informed of possible thunderstorms and lightning strikes in your area with a lightning tracker on your mobile phone.
You might also like