Boon Rawd Farm, famously known as Singha Park, sits a few kilometers away from the center of Chiang Rai. It is less than 10-minute drive from the White Temple. Singha Park Chiang Rai is one of the visited attractions in the city. Aside from it’s vastness and beauty, going in and exploring the place is free of admission.
Singha Park/ Boon Rawd Farm/ บุญรอดฟาร์ม.
It is a vast open land with so many beautiful attractions. A giant effigy of a Lion (Singha in Thai) greets visitors at the entrance with numerous variety of colorful flowers prettily landscaped behind. There’s a designated place for parking. Cars are allowed during low seasons. There are however two means of going around the park, biking and by trams. There are different types of bikes for rent -mountain bikes, grandma’s bike, and double bikes at 120 baht an hour. Trams are scheduled at regular intervals and it cost 1.67 USD (50 THB) per child and 3.34 USD (100 THB) for adult. This takes tourists around the park and stops at the park’s destinations.
Telephone: 091 576 0374
Opens: 9.00 am to 5:00 pm from Saturday to Sunday
Attractions in Singha Park
- Flower Park. Different species of beautiful, colorful flowers are displayed here for at least a week or two and mostly during the first two weeks of January. The flowers were totally breathtaking. The park is quite big that a couple of hours, which was the only time we had, is definitely not enough to leisurely roam around. And I suggest that you fully charge your mobile phones and cameras before coming, The place is so amazing you can’t stop clicking. I would certainly go back as I have not really fully enjoyed the place due to lack of time. I’d also make it sure that I have the appropriate camera. The photos I’ve taken of the flowers and the place are not great due to again lack of time and limited battery life. In fact there were several attractions I haven’t photographed.
- Swan Lake. Next stop is the swan lake. From the name itself this huge lake has plenty of white swan, and giant coy fish. Children could feed them through bamboo tubes that piped the sides of the lake. And just recently (as of November 2019) at the opposite side of swan lake is a large effigy of a rat made from hay.
- Tea Plantation follows. Here, you’ll see vast field of tea plants, such a pleasant sight of well-contoured greens. There’s a tiny station around here that sells tea powder. They also got customs and baskets tourists could use to take photos with.
- Zoo. Watusi cattle and short-legged horses are the main attractions in this part of the park.
- Strawberry farm. During the winter season that is from December to February, strawberry is aplenty. They are big and sweet in this part of Thailand.
- Mushroom and Herbs. As of 2019, they have develop a certain variety of mushroom (please see video). They also have variety of herbs like rosemary, thyme, basil, and many more.
- Zipline. Oh yes, I guess one of the highlights! We Zipline for the First Time, Made the More-Than-24 Hour Car Drive Worthwhile! This is the last stop of the tour. This place has a very nice restaurant that opens until the night. They also sell their own-made ice cream, the Boon Rawd Ice Cream. The zipline has a separate fee of 10 USD (300 THB). Aside from the zipline, they also offer other activities like wall climbing, biking, and survival trail.
Here’s a short video clip of the rock climbing activity in SIngha Park.
There you go folks. Hope you’ll have a great time there.
You Might Also Like
- White Temple Chiang Rai ThailandThe White Temple (Wat Rong Khun) is Chiang Rai’s most iconic temple. This temple is on the top of “must visit places” list of tourists… Read more: White Temple Chiang Rai Thailand
- Koh Nang Kham Grand Canyon (แกรนแคนยอน เกาะนางคำ)Type in แกรนแคนยอน เกาะนางคำ on Google Maps for direction. Plus code: 995V+QX Ko Nang Kham, Pak Phayun District, Phatthalung FEATURED WRITER Naruebate Kaekpong Writer English… Read more: Koh Nang Kham Grand Canyon (แกรนแคนยอน เกาะนางคำ)
- Khuan Ron Hills (ควนหรนฮิลล์)Khuan Ron Hills (ควนหรนฮิลล์) is located in Sathon, Na Thawee District, Songkhla. This is one of the newest places to go to for a day… Read more: Khuan Ron Hills (ควนหรนฮิลล์)
- Koh Yai Grand Canyon Park: Krasaesin Songkhla ThailandKoh Yai Grand Canyon Park is another great place to create memories with family and friends. It’s a refreshing recreational place amidst the greens of… Read more: Koh Yai Grand Canyon Park: Krasaesin Songkhla Thailand
- Asian Cultural Village: Sadao Thailand/ Dannok MalaysiaAsian Cultural Village is conveniently located in Sadao, Thailand/ Dannok Malaysia. This huge and amazing tourist destination is something you don’t want to miss when… Read more: Asian Cultural Village: Sadao Thailand/ Dannok Malaysia
- Geysers by the Road in Northern ThailandLooking at these geysers by the road in Northern Thailand as cars pass by is but incredible! Wiang Pa Pao is a district southwest of… Read more: Geysers by the Road in Northern Thailand
- Singha Park Chiang Rai: A Must VisitBoon Rawd Farm, famously known as Singha Park, sits a few kilometers away from the center of Chiang Rai. It is less than 10-minute drive… Read more: Singha Park Chiang Rai: A Must Visit
- Songkhla Night Market: $10 Feeds a Family of FourIf you’re on a budget travel to Thailand , one important thing to plan is where to eat. This touristy country certainly has so many… Read more: Songkhla Night Market: $10 Feeds a Family of Four
- The Most Affordable Aquarium in Thailand?The Rajamangala Trang Aquarium lies just a few meters away from Rajamangala Beach inside the Rajamangala University Trang campus. With 1.63 USD (50THB) for adult… Read more: The Most Affordable Aquarium in Thailand?