Experts say, chores are good for children academically, emotionally, and professionally. The house is a size down version of the vast universe awaiting children in their future. The training they get early on greatly affects their performance, their sociability, their work ethics, and over-all values as grown-ups. And doing household chores no matter how these may seem petty and trivial is apparently a training of immense significance. This early training will result to not only an individual of excellence but also an individual with a great feel of others.
They say, success is achieved when children start doing chores during their formative years. During these years children might be busy with outdoor activities, and extracurricular activities as they start schooling, they must still however do household chores for these following benefits.
What can chores do to children?
- Skilled. The effects of learning to do chores efficiently and effectively resonate as far as being efficient and effective in school, in the workplace, or in whatever endeavor a child will take on in the future. These important like skills instill in children the concept of excellence, management, resourcefulness, and creativity.
- Self-reliant. Being able to complete tasks and contribute to the family give a child a sense of accomplishments consequently boosting confidence and trust in one’s ability to do things and make decisions. And so when a child goes out in the vast world, s/he could stand on her/his on confidently.
- Empathy. Doing a task as a contribution and support to the family as part of this community help children develop a feel of others. This character is what makes the world a better place. Individuals who do not only think of themselves but who are conscientious, kind, affectionate, and passionate of others.
- Responsible. Having regular obligations and duties at home develop a sense of responsibility. As part of the family a task is given that s/he alone is responsible of, inability to do so affects not only him/her but the entire family. So accomplishing this task is something that needs to be done otherwise there will be consequences. These consequences must be made known for the child to realize that there is a purpose why s/he is doing it, and not just because mom or dad said so. For example, keep the kitchen floor dry, “Why do you think it is important to keep the floor dry?” or “What do you think will happen if any of us step on wet floor?”
- Disciplined. Learning to do chores in a routine manner teaches children the importance of following rules set. And in the long run develops a sense of control that is essential later on as they deal with school works, job related experiences, and them as part of a bigger society. Disciplined individuals are what this world needs.
The benefits of doing chores are great and ideal. It is something parents would want for their children. However the road leading to these is challenging and oftentimes fraught with emotions. Parents out there very well know these challenges. It is easy said than done, but something that needs to be done nevertheless.
You might also like
Like Me Here
You love the adrenaline rush, right?
But do you ever really think about the consequences of your ride? In San Diego mountain bikes can be seen everywhere as people enjoy their favorite hobby. But how many of them are missing out on the ultimate ride or are dangers to themselves or others?
These mountain bike accessories will solve most of the problems.
You may think mountain bikes are supposed to be full of dirt and grime. But maintenance on any item is essential, and not only for aesthetic reasons. If you don’t look after your bike you’ll waste money. Wear and tear will happen faster & there will be more friction. You’ll have to replace parts often.
Clean equipment works better. Your bike will respond fast, making you less of a danger on the road.
You can clean your bike with professional products or by spraying on a soapy mixture of your own.
A Repair Stand
Most of the time it’s simply easier to take your bike to the professionals. Working on it yourself is cumbersome.
But not if you invest in a repair stand. Some of them are collapsible so you can take yours to the track. If you need to clean or repair anything having the bike stable and in an elevated position will make your task easier.
If you’re serious about San Diego mountain bikes adventures, be serious about looking after your bike.
The importance of having tools is obvious. But putting a multi tool in your pocket is not enough for mountain biking.
A common problem with bikes is when a chain twists or breaks. And a chain can easily be fixed but only if you have a chain breaker on hand. This tool enables you to separate the chain in a certain spot and also to mend it.
You know how important a functioning chain is. If you don’t keep this tool with you, you’ll end up carrying your bike more than it carries you.
A Dropper Seat Post
This item may seem a bit too luxurious for mountain biking. But don’t focus on the luxury of a dropper seat post. Think of how it enhances your riding.
If you control the height of your seat from your handle bars all future inclines will waste less of your time. You can find the perfect seating position to help you peddle better without even stopping to adjust it. In rough terrain where it’s riskier to stop than to keep going, you’ll be thankful you invested in this accessory.
A Bike Carrying Handle
Where is your next ride? If you’re planning to go to a rough track you should consider a mountain bike handle. It attaches to your frame without influencing your riding experience. When you have to pick up your bike—whether you’re traversing stairs or mountainous terrain—you’ll use less of your precious energy because carrying it will be more comfortable.
Technology brought us many gadgets and machines. And some of them are worth including as mountain bike accessories.
Get a phone mount. Yes, mountain biking is ideal to get away from the bustle of modern society. But you never know when you’ll get lost or hurt. You’ll be thankful you have somewhere to turn to.
Here’s another idea. Use an app on your Smartphone to track your progress so you can become a better rider than ever before. Only by tracking your performance will you know where you need improvement.
This list is not simply for the professional riders. Without the necessary tools to look after yourself your bike adventures can turn into nightmares. Be smart and plan ahead. On the day when everything goes wrong you’ll be thankful you did.
You might also like
Like Me Here